We can't wait to meet you!
- Accommodation in quality 2 to 4-person safari units with en suite bathrooms
- Daily morning and afternoon-evening guided game activities led by qualified rangers and trackers – extended guided game drives and bush walks offered
- Informative instruction relating to bushcraft and survival skills
- 3 meals per day; teas & coffees; soft drinks; juices; bottled water
- Timbavati Reserve Conservation Levies: (subject to change without notice)
- Adults: R460 (Approximately $30) per person per night; Children aged 6-11: R230 (Approximately $15) per child per night
- Timbavati Gate vehicle levy of R230 (Approximately $15) per vehicle (subject to change without notice)
- Alcohol – local beers and wines and spirits can be purchased in camp
- ALL transfers to and from the camp – options and rates available on request
- Gratuities; all items of a personal nature; anything else not mentioned above
- Minimum stay 2 nights throughout the year
- Rates and conservation/vehicle levies are subject to change without prior notice
- Minimum age 12 for all guided bush walk participants; no maximum age but an
average fitness level is required since each walk can last 3-4 hours
- Children aged 6-11 accompanied by an adult pay 50% of the adult sharing rate
- NOTE: this is on request only and subject to confirmation at the time of booking
- Clients will be required to sign an indemnity on arrival
- Booking prerequisite: guests must have adequate travel insurance to cover any
emergency, casualty evacuation and/or hospitalization for their full safari duration
- Payments can be made by bank transfer or credit card (via a secure link)
Booking form plus 10% non-refundable deposit required to confirm the booking
- Full payment of the 90% balance is required at least 30 days before arrival
- No fees will be charged for any bookings cancelled as a result of a pandemic, which results in cancelled flights directly affecting guests
- Cancellations for any other reason made 30 days or less, prior to travel, will attract a 10% non-refundable fee
- Please ensure that you have adequate cancellation insurance to cover the above
Some of our favourite reviews
The Perfect Safari Camp
We wanted the perfect mix of camp and bush. From the moment we arrived at the Bateleur Safari camp and where greeted by Brad and Sofia we knew were in good hands. We wanted to introduce our new to Africa family of three girls to the South African bush. What an introduction! Everything exceeded our expectations, the game drives were amazing – we saw all the big five, but also enjoyed seeing all the other small details with the help of our Ranger Brad. He connected with the entire family and made the bush come alive to our girls. From jumping out and showing the girls the spoor of different game, to walking out to see the Rhino closer, every element was perfect. I cannot thank the team at Bateleur for such a great experience.
Wonderful Camp, Great Adventure Experience
Wonderful experience, we had an exciting time during our stay (saw all big 5 within 24 hours;-)). Brad and Lucky have a huge knowledge aboute the nature, animals and they were never tiered to explain all about it. A nice and quality camp site with a feeling of wildness – perfect combination of comfort, yet basic and natural. Excellent food (they have a nice and very good cook), lovely people and always good service. We will definitely love to revisit this beautiful Camp.
Fantastic Safari Experience
We were there for 4 days, 3 nights in November. The camp was small and that made the whole experience wonderful. We got to know the staff and the other guests in such a short time. The tracker and guides were excellent teachers – we saw the big 5 plus so much more. The lodging was excellent, the food terrific (and so much of it). Would not hesitate to recommend Bateleur to all.
Wonderful Place in the “Wilderness”
The Bateleur Safari Camp is a great place to stay; we had a very warm welcome, the service and kitchen are excellent, everybody took care of our wellness.Even birthday song, wishes and – cake (!)were not forgotten, the game drives guided in a responsible way were great experiences, all in all one of the best stays during our journey through ZA. We felt comfortable and safe all the time.
Experience of a Lifetime
We saw the big 5 and staff/food/tour were all excellent. Tracking the rhinos and spotting a young leopard in the rocks were the highlights of our entire South Africa vacation. The accommodation was clean and comfortable. Thanks again!
Fabulous Wilderness Experience
Highly recommend this camp if you wish to experience the wilderness and learn numerous bush skills including tracking rhinos on foot and shown how to track. Guides very responsible and respectful of the animals. Hope to return.
One of the Best Breakaways I’ve Ever Had.
The accommodation and the staff were unbelievable, I’d highly recommend anyone across the globe to experience nature and the bush at Bateleur. The guides we phenomenal and the chef outstanding – Thank you to the staff for a warm and friendly stay.
Excellent accomodation. Food is 5-star. Camp staff friendly and helpful. Luxury tents fulfil every need yet you feel a part of the bush. Very safe. Seeing the Big five is a defenite possibility. Guides are very knowledeable and accomodating.
Fantastic and Unique!
A fantastic and unique experience in the bush! Definitely the best safari lodge !!! We stay 3 nights at the Bateleur in November and we’ve been totally blow minded by everything. The camp site was perfect, 100% eco-responsible with very confortable safari tent (best bed ever). The kindness, the availability and the knowledge of the team was without any comparison. The 5 stars food was just unbelievable (what a cook !!). Even the time spent with other guests was a great moment of sharing. Everything was definitely higher than what we expected (we already enjoyed safaris in Sri Lanka and Kenya to compare and it was definitely a level up this time). It’s the best experience I have ever had and it’s more than just a safari. 3 nights is a minimum to enjoy everything. You won’t regret it!
Incredible Bush Experience
Bateleur camp was amazing from the lodges, food and the company of guests when we were there. What really made it worthwhile was the guides we had – Jaime and Lucky. Their bush experience, close encounter with Lions and Rhinos truly made our trip special. My favourite was the morning tracking hike searching for Rhinos. And boy did we find them up close and personal.